Monday, July 23, 2007

I hang my needle for a while....


Hello you there.....

I don't do either knitting or crochet these days for these two books.
Have you received the latest copy of Harry Potter book ?
Well I am not that young anymore but I am the Harry Potter fans all the time.
I still enjoy and courius for the story, this wizarding world are always amaze me... he..he..he..
Here is the article I received last Friday from the Lion Brand :

Knitting Needles and Broomsticks


Some of us in the knitting world will wait to read the new Harry Potter book. We will turn the heel and Kitchener the toe. We will finish those socks. And wait for the moment when our offspring finish reading the very last page and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows becomes ours.
We knitters are good at waiting
Some of us will throw frugality to the wind and buy our own copy. We will join the race. To be in the know. Devouring the book of the moment. The book everyone in the world is talking about.
And we who have followed Harry Potter’s development from the scruffy young outcast of 4 Privet Drive to the hope of the wizarding world, well, we really want to know what will happen next to Harry, our Harry. My goodness, we’re knitters. We care about him. We totally understand Molly Weasley knitting for Harry. Wouldn’t any of us worth our stash find a way to make something warm and comforting for such a noble orphan?
However we acquire the book, once we began to read it and put ourselves in to the hands of the ultimate story teller, we know where we will be. Inside the world of magic and danger. Many of us will be so involved in the story that we may not even knit while we read. Right. Admit it. You can be honest with me.
And while we are engrossed in what we have been told is the very final book of the series, our knitting antennae will be up. We’ll be looking for the moments when our universe, the knitting universe, collides unexpectedly with the wizarding world. It has happened in all of the Harry Potter books. I think the knitting references in the Potter books are a kind of wink to us, the corps of needle-wielding armchair adventurers. An acknowledgment of our world.
In the last book, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Albus Dumbledore, the esteemed headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry excuses himself to visit the ‘loo.’
He’s in there a very long time and when he returns his host asks Dumbledore if he had an upset stomach.
Do you remember his reply?
“No, I was merely reading the Muggle magazines,” said Dumbledore. “I do love knitting patterns…”
Of course. We Harry Potter readers knew that Dumbledore was fond of thick wool socks, but how thrilling for those of us who knit to learn that the most venerable and noble wizard of all times shared our delight in knitting patterns.
Mrs. Weasley and Hagrid are knitters. Hermione knit for house elves. But Dumbledore loving knitting patterns was, well to this knitter, almost magical. It was so good to know that about Albus. Before he lost his final battle. We who knit and read will miss him forever.
What will there be for us Muggle knitters in this new Harry Potter?
A great read. And perhaps something more. Another glimpse of charmed knitters in enchanted places.
What makes the Harry Potter books so wonderful is what takes us by surprise. What will there be for us is surely something wildly original. And as long as needles are clicking in the wizarding world, we may feel certain that the forces of good and light will win.
Oh... I do enjoy reading it, today I just past chapter fourteen, I still do not know why Snape killed Dumbledore. Professor Snape is one of my favorite caracter in this story, I don't beleive he could kill Dumbledore. I just thing that he is a double agent, He was just joint the dark Lord to destroy him.
We'll see ... I 'll tell you how's the end of the story when I finish it.
Now, about the other book, Friday Night Knitting Club....
It's the book about the knitting club in the yarn shop in New York and the story about the member of the club.
I haven't finished it yet, not as excited as reading Harry Potter book.
Bye now... Hermione is waiting.....

1 comment:

Nic said...

HI I am so excited to be hosting someone from Kuala Lumpur! I am going to love reading your blog and getting to know you! /SP11 Hostess Nic